Wednesday, February 3, 2016

How I Met Your Mother - Review

(All reviews are of my personal opinion)

Stars: 4.5 out of 5
Binge-watch-ability: 9 out of 10
Maturity Level: If you've seen Friends, its about the same. Normal TV-14 type content. (Sexual References, Mild Language)


(credit: gossipcop.com)

Of all the shows that I've watched, I would say How I Met Your Mother is the one that I finished the fastest, especially considering how long it is. I started this show randomly the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday), simply because I was bored. I received no strong recommendations from friends, it was simply on my own accord. And it will go down in history as one of the few shows that I have actually cried while watching. 

This show follows Ted Mosby, a hopeless romantic who is ready to find someone to settle down with, after his two best friends Lily and Marshall get engaged. With the help of his friend Barney, he meets Robin Sherbatsky, who he instantly falls in love with. The show then continues with the hilarious, and sometimes rather sad, adventures of the five friends. It's a classic sitcom, with inside jokes and relatable characters. The show ended in March of 2015, with 9 seasons and 208 episodes. 

Before I started watching this show, I sited Parks and Recreation as the show I watched the fastest, finishing it in about two months. This show, however, I finished in about half the time. I recall some days during the weekend that I started a season the same day I finished it. And if I remember right, I watched about ten episodes in a row the first night I started it. I was totally addicted to this show. For some reason, whether it be the story line, the characters, or the sense of mystery, I watched this show like a drug. 

How I Met Your Mother is essentially one long flashback, which is what sets it apart from any other sitcom. It gives off a sense of mystery, because certain details of the story have either been forgotten or not told yet. Some of my favorite parts of the show were when Future Ted told stories about him and his friends in college, which provided for some very hilarious backstories. Needless to say, I would strongly recommend this show. It's emotional, it's dynamic, and it's absolutely addicting. 

I hope you enjoyed this review! If you have any questions or suggestions, comment or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment