Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Bob's Burgers - Review

(all reviews are my own opinion)

Stars: 3.5 out of 5
Binge-watch-ability: 6.5 out of 10
Maturity Level: Somewhere between PG and PG-13, a typical Adult Swim level cartoon (Sexual References, Mild Language)


(credit: adultswim.com)

I started this show partly because I needed something to watch, and partly because I had seen it all over social media. Me starting this show wasn't me trying to fill the void that had been created in the absence of another show, it was rather from boredom. That trend has stayed; I hardly ever watch this show because I'm compelled too, it is more because I simply don't have anything to do. 

This show focuses on Bob Belcher and his family, who run a ragtag burger business in the center of the city. It gives the impression that the burgers are really good, they just don't have a lot of attention, due to various hindrances. Each character has their own personality, which results in them dealing with their own set of problems. The show currently has 6 seasons, but only 4 are on Netflix currently. Each season has a different amount of episodes, but the amount on Netflix totals to about 70.

Bob's Burgers is great for watching casually. Usually, I'll be doing something else and I'll decide to turn it on just to have something in the background. Despite this, I do really enjoy the show. It's hilarious, it's clever, and it has a ton of character and heart. I'm not one for watching cartoons, so I'm used to being super involved in the plot of the show and watching a ton of episodes in a row. This show allowed me to kind of return to watching something casually, much like how I would just turn on whatever was on Nickelodeon when I was a kid. 

So this review seemed very all-over-the-place, because I think it's pretty hard to just sit down and watch this show, unless you can be entertained by the typical cartoon show plot; stories only contained within the episode rather than an overall plot of the show. Ultimately, I would recommend this for casual watching, something to have in the background. It's funny and definitely deserves the views, but if you're looking for a new show to become obsessed with, this one isn't for you. 

I hope this review was helpful! If you have any questions or suggestions for me, comment below or email me at jordanbaylescontact@gmail.com. 



No comments:

Post a Comment