Monday, March 7, 2016

3 Shows I Stopped Watching

Not all shows are great, as we all know. People get bored, producers get lazy, and stories get old. Here is a list of the shows I personally stopped watching, for these reasons and a few more. Stay tuned for another edition of this, in which I talk about a couple typical teen dramas I ventured into, and why I stopped watching them.

(I don't think there are any huge spoilers in this, but read at your own discretion)

1. Doctor Who 


Don't get me wrong, I love Matt Smith, but once his era began, this show started going downhill for me. It didn't feel like there was much of a story anymore, as compared to the story arc over each of the previous seasons (with possible one of my favorite TV characters ever, the Tenth Doctor). I did love Amy and Rory, however, and watched show until their unfortunate departure.


2. Supernatural


I don't hate this show, I think it's fun to watch, but I simply got bored of it. Over time, the stories got too similar, with a few too many filler episodes. There definitely was a period of time in which I was emotionally attached to this show, but it got to the point where I felt like watching it was a chore. I made it up until about halfway through the fifth season. I don't have any hard feelings about this show, though. I might casually watch a few episodes every once in a while in the future.

3. Once Upon a Time


I don't think I should even be including this show, because I barely gave it a chance, but I'm talking about it anyways. I think the concept of it is really interesting, but right away something that I can't quite put my finger on turned me off. If I remember correctly, I just got bored, or wanted something out of it that it wasn't giving me. Also, I don't really like the main character, so that's a pretty big deal breaker. If you're into overplayed drama paired with your favorite troubled Disney characters, this is the show for you, but I'm just not into that.

Do you agree with this? Do you actually like these shows and think that I'm a terrible person for not liking them? Let me know in the comments and share with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment